Updates: Duro Tyre & Naza Ori Brake Pad

Duro Tyre:

This new Thai inbound rubber have done 630km. So, she has passed wear-in period as suggested by Duro of 160Km.

Okay, she may not priced in the legion of branded tyre akin Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone and others but she did performs well. In fact way better than OEM fitted Shinko.

Cornering is great. I could lean more and have faster cornering speed in and out. But careful with max speed as Duro 140/70 only allows max speed of 150Km as opposed to Shinko's  210kmh. As i seldom do speed more than 150km, so i take it easy and not to bring my speed more than that longer.

Naza Ori Brake Pad:

Interestingly and as much as excitingly with new Yamaha parallel twin crossplane tech's MT07 introduction, this ori parts work bettet than standard factory kitted pad.

Braking is stronger and not lacking at all in initial feel.  I can carry more speed towards corner and could brake later confidently. No 'nyit-nyit' sound anymore after 1000km usage.

Comments

  1. Hi blader, riding same machine as u, mine is jul 2012 though :-) fairing je lain kalo tak salah ;-p anyway, correct me if I m wrong, except for 1st 3services done at naza sc sa u use motorcycle eo, u been using semi syn car eo? N naza sc sa done that for ya? Regards, peaceiwan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, correct bro. I am using Motul 5100 semi syn. After done with SC, I went for normal motorcycle pack Maxoil Ultra Semi syn of 1 litre. Now, using car packed Maxoil of 4 litre. Those guys at Maxoil says both are the same oil. But I am using Total Hi-Perf now for last service just for the sake of trying. If better than Maxoil, I will keep using it or test for a new Repsol Rider eo.

      Delete
  2. Yes bro 5zal, its me actually. Never thought someone would noticed me. Actually, I had over-revved my engine in first gear till cut off just to check its smoothness. Got some issue with idling which I will post later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw u several times at grand saga before. Btw, i just started riding my old kriss after 7 years of not riding it. I planned to buy the 250 blade and i started to read your blog. As it is very rare to see any blade 250 in kajang, so i just assume it was you. Haha.

    What a good blog you have bro. Keep it up. I guess your blog have help a lot of people in purchasing/ maintaining their bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faizal. I hope it will somehow give an insight to our fellow bikers with this sharing. There are several Blade riders in Kajang and sometimes they do organize TT session. Hope you could shares yours too here someday.

      Thanks for visiting bro. Ride safe.

      Delete
  4. Bro..pls advice...can i use a car engine oil into a motorcycles...even with da same 10w 40 stated there...as i read somewhere it says it is not recommended, since it is lack of gear protection features...what say you?...4 me it is much more cheaper to buy 5 litre semi syn oil rather than pay per litre bottle...any advice?... Thanks!!! - Johned latif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother John,

      Sorry for the very late reply. Yes, I agree with you when someone says it is not recommended to use car EO in bike. I have asked Maxoil dealer and he said the oil is basically the same. Only packaging.

      Therefore, I keep using it and I noticed that there is no abnormality in engine performance compared to specifically made bike EO. I read also in FB group that HDEO can be use too. As Amir is the only shop i sought after, sometimes stock of 4 litre per bottle of Maxoil runs out.

      So, that is why i am testing Total brand. Next change might be other brands too. It is cheaper to buy 4 litre at one shot rather than per litre bottle, i second that bro John.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts