Meet My Bumblebee ER6n



37K Short to MT09 and my alternative is this.  A second hand well kept low mileage ER6n. This is belongs to my old school buddy and he is no short in maintaining his bike.  Really in mint condition and just needed few changes like front tyre.

What about MT09 then? I have to let go as my financial is quite tight and i think it's better for me to buy a few piece of land. Asset is better than liability right. So this is actually my substitute to MT09. Meet my forthcoming Bumblebee er6n insyallah.

The test ride went okay but I do think the standard handlebars need a wider one.  It felt quite cramped and somehow odd. This bike need correct body posture in taming her at corners when you are in attack mode. Surely I need to adjust my riding a little bit to suit naked characteristics and type of tyres too.

The rear suspension felt a bit soft, so a few clicks up on preload should help in handling. I have tried big lean angle and the rear just uninspiring.  Maybe due to small 160/60 BT023 profile or my buddy hasn't use the entire lean angle as I saw unused strip left and right. This proved how ' behaved' he is with his bike unlike me.

Okay,  enough with suspension then. Now what about the power and torque.? All I could say is that i have made the right decision in buying 250 first. The outright torque is crazy and i know some experience pilot will disagree with me but I am talking about throttle control in cornering plus body position. You will get to know and understand the tyre and throttle input relationship. So, no play play with this 6.0 kgnm torque.

The modest gearing will spread the torque nicely and you could squeeze from top at 90kmh with just a twist.  Effortlessly I would say from stand still acceleration. Top is about 205 kmh with a bit more to go. Of course being a parallel twin means top speed is not an upright priority. Just concentrate on how smooth it will go without too much gear change and thus this is a plus factor as compared to middleweight 4-inline engine.

Have heard about the worries of broken valve from er6 series?  I heard it too but i hope it wouldn't happen to me.  Kawasaki Malaysia has done 'image rectification' exercise I would call and it shows how serious they are in maintaining their image and trust of current and future customers.

In the mean time i wish every owners of MT09 a good luck and yes, I envy them a lot ha ha ha.

Comments

  1. Hey bro , have been following your blog for awhile, interesting read. saw you sold off your er6n , i am thinking to get one , how did your bumblebee serve you until you sell it? would you recommend me getting one despite the valve issue? is the root problem really solved after valve changed and health check ? looking forward for your answer, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the comment above. Im also interested in er6n or er6f. Mt09 is also my dream bike but budget problems. Do advice sir tq.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts