Blade? Done. Next?


After turndown to own my aimed RSV4 and/or Panigale 899, I bought a MPV.  Hard decision i recalled as letting personal interest and prioritized others.  At least my wife and kids plus our siblings would enjoy it and we could do long east-south travel in comfort.




Happily and sadly work still in Sabak Bernam and yes Blade still served me okay.  It is now over 43K KM and I know top overhaul is due.  I have changed its rectifier (yes, it gone kaput at 42K KM), battery and sprocket set.  Blade now cruising at 9-9.5K rpm with 130-135kmh as I using smaller 140 tyre profile.  I know that I need a new bike and put Blade to its rest but not RIP.

Given consideration to my existing work location, I need a bigger bike which could do 160-170kmh constantly. So, a faired or a windshield upgradable naked bike that can covers more than 300km with one fill and perhaps using only two bottle of EO is a choice.  Factor out money issue, I believe an ER-6F will do the job effectively.  If want to save money, buy a Blade 650R. But then, it more or less the same with Blade 250R except its power.  I also thought of CB500X but given its price and its capacity, Kawasaki is much more viable choice. 


Anything besides ER-6F? A Yamaha yet to be launched parallel twin MT-07 is also a good choice but need to install a touring windshield.  That bike receives commendable reviews and like I said before, it is a truly ER6 killer.  A Benelli TnT 600? Nope thanks coz it does not have low end torque and drink more EO. 



Honda CBR650F/FA is yet to be launched here but some reviews said it is just normal performing 4-inline bike and being a Honda is surely cost more than others.  Hope Honda price it wisely and not too ambitious as i am quite keen with its design.





Kawasaki Z1000 then? This mean machine cost RM80K on the road. I have tested its position and found it really at home.  Feels like i sit inside the bike but I think it is a no no for daily heavy mileage use. 









Well, this is really something.  MT09. A bad ass 3 cylinder  motard bike with crossplane technology based engine.  I have looked at it personally. Read too many reviews.  Tempting me to get one at RM57K on the road.  This is a CBU unit sold at a price of CKD (as what being informed to me by sales rep). If I know that I will be transferred somewhere in Klang Valley, I will consider MT09 very very carefully. Perhaps I could own the very first serial numbered MT09 in Malaysia.

Now, are we ready to upgrade? (and wheelie too?) 

Comments

  1. waiting patiently for MT 07...bila nak sampi Malaysia nih...???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next Q1 bro amir. I strongly recommend this bike should you be a hooligan rider, like torque or pick up, love to wheelie and don't care about top speed things. You can't go wrong with this MT07 and yes at a cheap price (lets wait the official price) too.

      Delete
  2. Why x consider KTM touring model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bro Hafiez,

      Saya dah transfer ke Lembah Klang daripada Sabak bernam, so now im riding an ER6n sebab dah dekat dan senang bawak wife gi balik kerja.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts