Wazi, Cub Prix, Lion Suzuki & FKR - The Beginning

I love to comment! I love to get feedback! I love to know how-why relationship!

So, this is how my interest in biking started. Well not riding, but writing. The very first.

Wazi Abdul Hamid

It was Number 81 Suzuki Factory Racing Team Rider, Mr. Wazi Abdul Hamid who I admired most in the era of two-stroke king.  I wrote to him! Yes, I did! Telling how I admired him. I forgot whether Mr. Wazi replied to me. 



But it was in Kuala Terengganu where Cub Prix 1993 was held when I finally met him under the tent of Suzuki Total Racing Team.  There he was with his manually clutch Suzuki Best RR110 where something shiny were affixed to his bike due to complaint from Yamaha campside that the Suzis are much lighter than their potent Yamaha SS110. Yup, Mr. Soo Chee Keong (Team principal of SCK Racing Team) also competed during that time under Ah Hong Motor livery and other famous names too.



So, we had few chats while my friend snap a pic or two.  I said to myself that he is no taller than me hahaha.  So, I wish him goodluck and thanked him for spending his time with me.

Lion Suzuki Marketing

Why Suzuki? Not Yamaha? Not Honda? I love Suzuki. My late father (I miss you so much dad, al-fatihah) bought my brother a Suzuki RG110 manual clutch. RG design especially with its head unit was hard to accept by many at least in KT after its launch.  But with the manual 5 gear, computerized frame and a monoshock, it was the pinnacle of underbone category in his era. I got envy with my brother as he took RG to KL for work.

Then, once Lion Suzuki introduced an uprated RG namely RGV 120cc with 6 speed, my father bought me a green RGV.  The pickup is crazy and despite in stock, RGV is the king of traffic light attacker. But it lacked top speed. Only 120-130kmh.

Knowing that the bike is 120cc and with extra one gear, I expected it is faster than RG. But it did not.  So, a letter was sent to Lion Suzuki Marketing complaining about this top speed things and asking the right sprocket setting in favor to top speed.

Lion Suzuki did replied with a satisfied answer plus a free T-shirt as a compliment. I never thought that a big company like Suzuki will entertain my query. Thumbs up and I hope Suzuki could CKD 250cc and bigger capacity in Malaysia.

FKR

I did mentioned that I finally had RGV in my hand. So, that bike equipped with FKR tyre (Mirage or HT200 if not mistaken) but cornering performance is quite bad especially after Batu 3 Tunnel corner (entering and exiting tunnel heading Shah Alam).

Disappointing with its performance, I wrote  to FKR Marketing. Later, they replied and invited me to visit their factory at Klang.  I thought they were joking but it absolutely true. So, I was there at their factory and greeted by their management to their meeting/training room or something.  They asked few things and explained other things also.  What a good PR!!!

Later, their engineer showed me the whole process of making tyre and there I understand the concept of hard/soft compound tyre.  After that line visit, they gave me goodies too...what a day to remember for me.

So, that is how my "first" time in writing about bike started.  I wish I could be a full time journalist...now its time to write and apply vacancy at certain publication..don't you think?

Comments

  1. bost...ada email tak?facebook ke?senang nak borak2..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa...B.I sangat baik pun....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi bos boleh whatsapps/sms saya sebab mau tanya macam mana buat clutch tangan Suzuki RR sport 110

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts