Modenas Elegan Re-review





Its 40207KM and 4 months to go for its 4-years excellent service to me.  My Elley still gives me a smiley face every time I twist the throttle.  Amazing bike.  Cheap at 6.8K cash. Fast. Flickable. Good for hundred century sprint. Decent mileage.  Comfort.  Maybe it is only a scooter but it has been packaged very thoroughly.   Should she been bored to 200cc, I think she can do extra long journey at an adorable speed. Let say about 130-140kmh easily.


Panels and Bodywork

  

The flat black panel especially covering the cockpit including handlebars and middle section still not fade. I cannot say its 100%, but a 80% should describe nicely.  This is true as most of the time Elley parked not under direct sunlight even at home and office. 

Unlikely goes to my long-service Givi Box. The color already fades as I bought it in 2003.  The locking mechanism still works fine.
As you can see from the first model Elegan that coincidently parked besides me, the brown bike plastic panel gives away maybe due to direct sunlight and heat.  For the body color, my Elley have few scratches but does not appear too much.  I once apply Wax but that is it.  Still look good nevertheless.

 Meter, Lamp and Turn 



Both front and rear lamp and turn signal housing still looks good as new.  My dials (meter) also works fine.  The LCD still vividly displayed important information and with accuracy.

Switches
 

Looks fine and still working well for both switches except for passing button where in rainy days it quite hard to press. 







 













Side Mirrors

Well attached and it is still original.













Lever

 
Color fades out till it became chrome as you can see.

Seat

The foam material quality still maintains and there are no worn out stitches to the seat cover.








Expansion Tank Indicator

A bit fade but still can observe the level of coolant.


















Front Suspension

A bit soft now due to reduced front fork oil viscosity.  Still manageable and negotiated well in corners apparently.











Rear Suspension

Also same with front, but worse I believe.  It is way too soft even pre-load already adjusted to the max.  Honestly, I do not dare to corner too much if the road is not proper or evenly surfaced.   You can watch its performance in my video.









Rims

 
 Both front and rear rims have slightly misbalanced but not affecting drivability.

Tyres


Today at 40207KM, I have changed rear tyre with the usual Duro 130/70 for RM115 plus labor.  Front tyre is now left with 30% surface thread.   Should be good for 1-2 months more.


Brake Disc
Okay, the rear need to be changed as its surface shows uneven wear.  Front disc still okay.










CVT & Air Box Cover
Some oil sticked to the cover and hence it remains there even I have washed it.  Air box cover appearance still okay.







Exhaust


Color a little bit fade and there is some minor scratches at the lower part of the pipe due to “hard cornering” hahaha. 
Conclusion:
It is a GREAT BIKE. Thats all i can say.




Comments

  1. We share your article at FB Modenas1stop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hye there. I got myself a worn out elegan, unused for almost 2 years. Due to destroyed engine mounting. May I know where is the best wshop to get my elly back on road?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are near kajang, you may call Amir 017 297 4110.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts